Stewart Gregory

I am a Nottingham based photographer producing contemporary landscape images. Whilst I am largely self-taught I have recently completed a 3 year BTEC digital photography course at South Nottingham College to expand my photographic horizons and learn new digital skills.

Some of my fellow students and I from the South Nottingham College course have decided to maintain our association and form a photography group of like-minded individuals: the Raw Collective. We aim to stage occasional exhibitions together. We have previously exhibited at View From the Top Gallery and, more recently, at Beeston. My work was also exhibited in View’s recent photography show.

The images on display here are from my final year project. The images set out to interpret the work of poets and writers who have found inspiration in abandoned landscapes and, in doing so, to question whether abandonment is necessarily detrimental to the landscape.

The work is presented as a series of limited edition fine art prints employing a digitally created lith effect. Dark room produced lith prints would show high contrast with accentuated grain shadows and delicate highlights. These are qualities I felt were appropriate to the subjects and have been digitally created to produce the final prints for this work.

The work is to be exhibited at the Moot Hall Gallery, Keswick, Cumbria in November and further images from the work can be seen on my website at www.stewartgregoryphotography.co.uk

Website: www.stewartgregoryphotography.co.uk

No comments: