Clinton Croson

I graduated from DeMontfort University’s Fine Art course in 2005 and decided on freelance work and commissions, supplemented by a part-time job, as opposed to many others who have continued their art in a teaching capacity or a Masters.

I have drawn and painted ever since I was a young boy and will continue to do so for many years to come, regardless of circumstances, because art is a great medium to generate both happiness and debate, to showcase views and ideologies. Using people as a focal point is the way I usually approach a composition.

The techniques used can, in many ways, be seen as traditional both in style and execution. Oil on canvas, pen on tea-stained paper and coloured pencil are the most commonly used mediums and the ones I feel most comfortable with, though by no means limited to just them.

Inspiration over the years has come from many places, though the admiration for Leonardo, Michaelangelo, Salvador Dali has never dimmed, more contemporary work by Dermot Seymour and John Palencar are also of great interest.
Some of my work has previously been in the City Gallery, Leicester, along with several locations around Rutland, two of the more recent being last years solo exhibition at the Rutland Museum, and July 2008’s duo spectacle, ‘Contemporary vs. Classical’ at the Victoria Hall, Oakham, which featured Nik Ellis and myself.
I hope you enjoy this exhibition!

Email: ccroson33@ hotmail.com

No comments: