Jacky Webb

I studied Biology at Manchester University and still work in scientific research. Part of my training was to look at the natural world in detail, which has inspired my artwork. I am interested in the variety of patterns and colours that can be found around us. This includes the abstract beauty that can be found within the more contrived biological samples from the world of scientific research.

I always start with a photo so that although my work appears abstract at first glance, it is actually based closely on an original subject. All my work is textile based, using threads or fabrics to “paint” my pictures. For this exhibition I printed the photos on cotton fabric and then enhanced them with hand embroidery.

I exhibited in for the first time last year in this exhibition. Since then I have become an affiliate of the Nottingham Society of Artists and exhibited with them in their autumn exhibition and affiliates exhibition. I have also exhibited here at this year in their photography exhibition and at the recent Beeston Art Festival.


jacky@j-webb.me.uk

No comments: