Nuno B Jorge

I’m a Multimedia Artist and Digital Illustrator based in Nottingham and half of the collective gatafunho.com. I’ve studied multimedia at Nottingham Trent University until 2005 and I work currently in both multimedia design and Illustration.

Since 2006 I’ve developed different series of personal illustrations based on imaginary and often symbolic characters, the opposite from the commercial illustration work I’ve developed until that date. These illustrations, never exhibited until now, combine different (sometimes opposite) influences, such as 40s American Cinema aesthetics, Situationism attitudes and different symbolisms and Pop influences in Graphic Arts (to name a few) to create Reality detournements, always with an ironic and kitsch twist.

Most of my illustrations are developed having a central character as the initial starting point, exploring the concept of portrait, to then develop the situation illustrated

No comments: