Eireann Lorsung

I make prints, drawings, dioramas, and paper constructions as a way of understanding the world around me and my relationship to it and to the people I meet, using repeated symbols to represent these places, people and myself. Understandably, therefore, the work I make can feel very personal. I tend to work in a small scale (partially because I’ve been moving from place to place for the past few years), which also lends a feeling of intimacy to the work.

The medium I’m working in primarily now is etching. I make prints at the Leicester Print Workshop, and at the moment I’m particularly interested in exploring the possibilities of chine collee for my prints.

I was born in Minneapolis, Minnesota(United States), and studied printmaking at the University of Minnesota and the Scuola Internazionale di Grafica (Venice, Italy). I’m interested in the work of William Kentridge, Kiki Smith, Paula Rego, and Huang Yong Ping. My work has been shown at the Regis Center for Art and at Letterbox (Minneapolis, Minnesota), and my writing appears in journals such as Prairie Schooner, Barrelhouse and Diode. My first book was published by Milkweek Editions(U.S) in 2007.
www.ohbara.com
eireann@gmail.com

No comments: