Joan Beal

I have studied for two hours a week at W.E.A classes for two years. Last year, aged 72 I suffered a stroke, my art played an important part in my recovery. I needed to get better so that I could get on with my drawing and painting. In June this year I won the best in exhibition for my Mini car painting. This was the only exhibition I have entered any of my paintings into.

I try to use unusual subjects and materials in my work. The portrait was achieved by using instant coffee as one of the materials. I do not comply to many rules, sometimes it works, other times it doesn’t, I do not worry about the failures.
I just try again!

Email: joanbeal@hotmail.co.uk

1 comment:

Niall young said...

Joan..I loved your pictures..I was puzzled as to why they were separated inot different rooms...but I just wanted you to know they stuck in my mind...I couldn't believe you were so new to the business...you have a rare talent and I hope this isn't the last I see of your owrk!