Jane Rafter

My name is Jane Elizabeth Rafter and I have a BA(hons) degree in Graphic Design from De Monfort University, Leicester, but my oil painting is mainly self taught. I worked in the design industry for 14 years while painting in my spare time. I have been painting full time since January 2007.

Published work
My paintings have been featured in Nottingham City Life and South of the River Magazines.

Previous Exhibitions:
‘The Gallery’ Mill Hill Redrow Show home in Bingham
The Djanogly Summer Open, Nottingham
Friar Lane Gallery, Nottingham
Beeston Arts Festival

Concept/idea behind artwork
Through my work I strive to communicate my feelings and responses to the subject or place, capturing the colour and light in an atmospheric, emotive way. With each painting a moment in time is captured forever and I know I’ve given a little of myself away.

Materials Used
Daler – Rowney oil paint in a limited palette of cyan, magenta, yellow, black & white. Loxley chunky stretch canvasses.

Inspirations/artists
Nicholas Archer for his magnificent use of colour and expressive style, Gustav Klimt for his perfect compositions and stylised, sinuous lines and Nick Hedderley(based here in Nottingham) for his atmospheric city scenes.

jeraffe@dsl.pipex.com

No comments: