Clare Morgan

I am an artist and teacher, I am always learning in my practice and my profession, always with a desire to try new things. I have a Fine art background having studied at the University of Derby. Since graduating I have maintained my art practice, taking part in several group shows around the East Midlands and London. I have recently participated in the Oregon Print exchange.

I have always been drawn to experimenting with media and have a love for drawing and painting. Recently I have discovered printmaking as a medium, it is such an exciting process blurring the boundaries between 2D and 3D, it is an excellent vehicle for expression as it allows me to focus on imagery through texture, line, and tone and then rework the images as much as I want.

At the heart of my aesthetic practice is my interest in the female figure, the scrutiny it comes under and the connotations and perceptions in society surrounding the body. Having a very difficult relationship with my own body it could be the escapism of creating something beautiful and having people become voyeurs admiring or strutinising, passing judgment on the figures I have created.

The images often take shape in sketchbooks, where I ‘play’ with images and ideas, letting my imagination roam and when I have a plate I can select and adapt the imagery according to the process I choose to use. The figures are either from mass media or from life models with whom I have no relationship too, this means the images become purely about the body, the space it occupies or narratives I can create.
Miss_clare83@hotmail.co.uk

No comments: