Jax Checkland

I am a first year HND Fine Art student, currently studying at South Nottingham College, Nottingham.

I would consider myself to be a Multi-media artist , because I enjoy experimenting with different media. I have worked in Installation, Performance, Photography, and I also love painting on canvas.

My main artistic area now is Painting and I have just finished my first exhibition at college, in which I entered a 6 foot square abstract canvas.

My themes I normally work with to produce my pieces, come from modern, popular culture and are always topics which come from my heart, and that I am passionate about. My current work captures my feelings and experiences of recent journeys I have made

The most influential artist to me at the moment is Gerhard Richter, for his use of colour I find him a great inspiration.

Email: jax.checkland@yahoo.co.uk

No comments: